Camp YMCA Kanawana's mission is to connect kids to themselves, to each other and to nature. We strive to nurture leaders who become stewards of the environment and who care for one another. At Kanawana, we believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to experience the magic of camp.
All of our programs are offered in English, though most of our staff can speak both English and French.
A wide array of activities every day:
- 7:15 am - 7:45 am: Morning dip (optional)
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Breakfast & announcements
- 9:00 am - 9:20 am: Cabin clean-up & preparation for the day
- 9:20 am - 10:25 am: Cabin/tent program #1
- 10:25 am - 11:30 am: Cabin/tent program #2
- 11:30 am - 12:15 pm: General swim & open program areas * (canoe, archery and nature activities)
- 12:15 pm - 12:30 pm: Prepare for lunch
- 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm: Lunch & announcements, plus section cheers every few days
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm: Siesta/break time
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Interest Group #1
- 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm: Interest Group #2
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm: General swim and open program areas *
- 5:30 pm - 5:45 pm: Prepare for dinner
- 5:45 pm - 6:45 pm: Dinner & announcements
- 6:45 pm - 7:00 pm: Down time
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Cabin/tent program #3
- 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm: Cabin/tent program #4 (Junior campers prepare for bed)
- 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm: Campfire (Senior campers prepare for bed)
- 10:00 pm: Lights out
* Open program areas vary depending on weather and availability of staff, but typically will change from morning to afternoon.
For a typical day on a canoe trip, please consult our Canoe Camping Parent Handbook in Important Documents.