Camp YMCA Kanawana offers an array of residential camp programs for youth aged 7 to 16. Mornings and evenings are spent in creative and innovative cabin group or all-section/all-camp activities while afternoons are spent in Interest Group activities designed to teach new skills or improve existing skills in specialty areas of the camper’s choice.
ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Aquatics: water trampoline, swimming, paddleboarding, kayaking, canoeing;
- Sports & Recreation: low ropes course, archery, rock climbing, soccer, Gaga Ball;
- Arts & more: theatre, music, arts & crafts, nature, dance, survival skills, woodworking projects.
All activities are designed to teach new skills, provide opportunity for creativity, challenge participants, encourage outdoor exploration, and foster friendships.
All of our programs are offered in English, though most of our staff can speak both English and French.
Registration for the 2023 summer session is scheduled as follows:
January 11 starting at 8:00 a.m.:
- Priority registration for campers who were registered in the summer of 2022.
January 18 starting at 8:00 a.m.:
- General registration (open to all).
You can register:
- Online: an email will be sent to you with the link to our registration platform.
By telephone: please call +1-833-505-9622 (outside of Montréal) or 514-687-9622 (Montréal)
We are happy to once again start offering changeover sessions for our international campers and campers who want to keep the camp magic going for multiple sessions. Campers will stay on site over the weekend between sessions and a small group of counsellor staff will plan and run activities with them, such as hiking and many other camp staples. Priority given to international campers staying for sessions on either side of the weekends. Limited space available