Participate alongside the YMCA!
Participate Alongside the YMCA!
In 2019, the YMCA launched the Collectif de la société civile québécoise (Quebec Civil Society Collective) with contributions from various partners and collaborators, to allow nearly 100 people to participate in COP 26 and the civil society activities surrounding the event.
The Collective’s main goals are:
- To facilitate the engagement of all individuals, particularly young people between the ages of 18 to 35, in their communities;
- To promote diversity and inclusion;
- To develop a better understanding of global issues and their impact on a local scale;
- To strengthen participants’ knowledge and skills in social and environmental matters;
- To highlight the expertise of various organizations and individuals through networking.
What is COP 26?
The 2020 United Nations Climate Change Conference is considered the most important climate-related diplomatic event since the 2015 COP 21 in Paris. Taking place five years after the Paris Agreement, it will be a pivotal moment in the fight against climate change. The YMCA believes it’s an excellent opportunity to get involved in this social issue and give youths a chance speak out through the Y’s various programs.