The sports and leisure volunteer supervisor oversees activities at the Saint-Roch YMCA gymnasium. The volunteer facilitates activities and makes sure all participants are enjoying themselves while maintaining the integrity of the sport and enforcing game rules. The volunteer supervises, mediates and ensures the well-being of all team sports participants.
- Ensures that facilities are clean and safe and encourages members to keep them that way.
- Arrives prior to the scheduled activity to assemble the necessary supplies and equipment.
- Ensures participants are registered in an activity (where applicable).
- Attends to participants with special needs.
- Maintains the standards of the game by enforcing its rules and regulations
- Enforces YMCA rules and regulations, including safety and security rules.
- Respects the scheduled start and finish time of the activity.
- Performs all routine closing duties such as dismantling equipment.
- Attends a minimum of one group meeting per year.
- Adhere to the YMCA’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures.
- Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy in his post and in the Association and participate in activities / fundraising events.
- Be aged 18 years and older.
- Be knowledgeable of different sports and their rules .
- Be knowledgeable of specific sports such as Badminton, Basketball, Volleyball and Soccer (an asset).
- Be able to converse in French and English.
- Be available to commit to at least 6 months of volunteer work.
- Have valid Level A CPR certification.
- Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with different types of people.
- Ability to listen actively and to express yourself respectfully and clearly.
- Make a positive impact on the local community.
- Share your passion for fitness and well-being with other YMCA members.
- Inspire others to adopt healthy lifestyle habits.
- Meet and network with a variety of people.
- Attend workshops and other certification activities.
- Receive a fitness membership.
- Have an opportunity to update CPR certification after 2 years.
Location: YMCA Saint-Roch
Schedule: Minimum 3 hours per week (variable)
Employment Start date: Ongoing recruitment
Please send your resume to Frederic Lepage: Frederic.firstname.lastname@example.org