OUR CAMP IS FULLY BOOKED
Registration is closed.
This camp is specially designed for teens who need a little help to build their independence and social skills! Campers will have an opportunity to make friends by actively participating in planning camp activities and exploring Québec daily while developing their communication, cooperation and conflict resolution skills.
It’s an eclectic day camp that combines having fun, learning new skills, enjoying a variety of activities and getting involved in the community for a summer that’s packed with new discoveries!
Rates and Schedule
Administration & Registration
- For teenagers from 13 to 17*.
- Dates: from June 29 to August 14
- Horaire: Monday to Friday / From 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Address: 500 Du Pont street, Québec G1K 6N4
*Campers must be aged 13 to 17 by September 30 of the current year.
For 2020, thanks to financial support from the City of Québec and the YMCA, the cost of the Urban Explorers (ages 13-17) day camp for residents of the City of Québec is as follows:
- For four weeks or more: $250
- Cost per week: $75
COVID 19 INFORMARTIONS
We will make every effort to offer a space to families who have already registered. As a last resort, we may have to cancel some registrations on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
- The schedule will be from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ;
- There will be no outings during the week (e.g. The Secret Valley, Village Vacances Valcartier, etc.);
- Parents will not be able to enter the facilities;
- Outdoor activities will be held whenever possible;
- Busses will not be used to go to a pool (public pools are currently closed throughout the province);
- There will be no special activities with parents;
- There will be stronger health measures in place (e.g. a health team, wearing a mask, washing hands, no microwaves, etc.);
- Participants will not gather for a themed activity in the morning or the afternoon;
- Activity programming will be adapted to maintain two metres of distance between participants.
These are a few examples that may help you understand what offering a day camp under the current conditions entails.
We would also like to remind you that, although the government has announced that day camps can open, it might reverse its decision at any time and cancel day camps this summer.
All low-income families with one or more children registered in a day camp managed by an organization on behalf of the City of Québec are eligible for financial assistance. These organizations have a predetermined budget. So, it is important to contact them as soon as possible to see if you are eligible and to receive assistance for the upcoming summer.
> Find out more