Media invitation - Sophie Brochu, Sheila Twinkle Rudberg and Four Exceptional Organizations Set to Receive Peace Medals from the YMCAs of Québec
Montreal, October 2, 2018 – On October 10, the prestigious Peace Medals will be awarded to individuals and organizations who contribute to making Québec a more peaceful place to live. This distinction has been awarded annually by the YMCAs of Québec for the past 30 years. You are cordially invited to meet the newest recipients:
- Sophie Brochu, President and Chief Executive Officer, Énergir – Brochu is recognized for her engagement with young people (Forces AVENIR and La ruelle de l’avenir).
- Sheila Twinkle Rudberg – Aimed at ending cycles of violence, Rudberg founded LOVE (Québec) after the murder of her husband by a young teenager.
- The Coalition féministe contre la violence envers les femmes – The organization calls for improvements to the justice system to better protect victims of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Empreintes youth committee, Rive-Nord Highschool – They promote respect for diversity while fighting against intolerance, discrimination and intimidation.
- The Maison de la Syrie – An organisation responsible for building meaningful ties between the cultures of Syria and Québec.
- The initiators of TELUS Wise – This program helps youth, adults and seniors become exemplary digital citizens.
These peace-builders will be honoured at the annual Peace Medals Gala Dinner, presented by Desjardins and hosted by Isabelle Racicot, for the benefit of YMCA children, youth and families. You are warmly invited:
DATE: Wednesday, October 10, 2018
TIME: starting at 5:30 pm
VENUE: The Port of Montreal's Grand Quay
200 de la Commune Street West, Montreal
R.S.V.P. : Diane Jeannotte / Diep Truong
514 772-8019 / 514 436-2121
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
The following people will also be available for interviews:
- Stéphane Vaillancourt, President and CEO, The YMCAs of Québec
- Brian Bronfman, Co-Chair, Organizing committee
- Gregory Chrispin, Executive Vice-President, Desjardins wealth management and life and health insurance, and President of the YMCAs of Québec Foundation