For children aged 6 months to 5 years!
Du Parc YMCA
Our daycares provide a stimulating and safe environment for children aged 6 months to 5 years to cultivate their sense of curiosity, observation and concentration and have their first learning and social experiences. With this strong foundation, children transition from daycare to kindergarten ready to realize their full potential!
All of our five daycares are licensed by the Ministère de la Famille; three are subsidized. Each one offers programs for young children based on Accueillir la petite enfance the educational program for daycares established by the Ministère de la Famille, and the YMCA’s own Playing to Learn method.
- a holistic approach that takes into account all aspects of the child’s development;
- activities that encourage group interactions, self-expression, sharing and responsibility;
- a wide variety of instructor-led and child-directed activities for each age group: story time, songs, physical activity, drama, arts and crafts, outings and more;
- special access to fitness and aquatic facilities and indoor and outdoor play areas;
- pool activities and/or swimming lessons.
All of our staff members are CPR and First Aid certified. We comply with the adult/child ratios recommended by the Ministère; ratios may be even lower for some age groups.
This program is offered at the Cartierville YMCA, the YMCA Downtown, Du Parc YMCA, (2 daycares) and the Saint-Laurent YMCA.*
*Services may vary from one centre to another
Cartierville YMCA and Saint-Laurent YMCA: 514 313-1111, extension 4057.
Downtown YMCA: 514 849-8393, extension 1777.
Du Parc YMCA: 514 277-9779, extension 4233.
Because we want as many people as possible to take part in our programs, the YMCA’s financial assistance offers you rates that are adjusted to your income. The financial assistance promotes equal access to our programs.
➔ Find out more