Obtaining a Visa

Students are responsible for their own visa applications. A letter of acceptance from the School is obligatory when the student needs to apply for a visa. We will fax or e-mail you the letter. Since delivery times vary greatly between countries, we prefer not to send it by the postal service, but it is a possibility. We could also send you the letter by courier, at your request and your expense. This letter is also your official proof of registration to our school.

Which type of visa do you need: student visa or temporary resident visa (tourism and short-term study)?

According to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), if you wish to enroll in a short-term course or program (six months or less), you do not require a student visa. However, if required because of your nationality, you must apply for a temporary resident visa. See the CIC website to determine if you need a visa to enter Canada:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp.

You are required to finish your short course during the period in which you have been authorized to stay in Canada. Please read the official information on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp 

Studying in Canada: Study permit — Who can apply?

If you spend more than 183 days at our school, you must first obtain a study permit. Since our school is located in Québec, you will also need a CAQ (Acceptance Certificate from Québec). Please see the website of the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec for information on obtaining this certificate:http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/obtaining-authorizations/certificat-acceptation/index.html

Please verify the specific conditions for your country with your nearest Canadian embassy. The following websites may also be useful: