Du Parc YMCA
11,000 THANKS to all the participants of the CYCLOTHON 2015!
Du Parc YMCA - November 20 2015
The 64 bikes were all in use. The volunteers were standing by and ready to take action if necessary. The instructors were raring to go. The goal: raise $10,000 to be invested in the Du Parc YMCA’s Community Initiatives. By the time the 5th edition of the Cyclothon was over, our cyclists were spent but in great spirits. Mission accomplished: we raised $11,000 to help those in need from our community.
They made all the difference:
- Hervé Juste, organizer of the Cyclothon and the person responsible for soliciting businesses.
- Michel Lavigne, member of the Local Advisory Council and the 2015 Campaign Cabinet, who was able to solicit his contacts and friends for 4,600$.
The businesses that reserved bikes for the event:
- Caisse Desjardins des Versants du mont Royal
- National Bank, Du Parc Avenue
- Café Olympico
- FMX Solutions
- Fruiterie Mile-End
Our fantastic instructors for their energy and enthusiasm:
- Saminda Pathmasiri
- Clément Coste
- Omar Farag
The greater Y family for its invaluable help with logistics:
- Mark Swift, Director of the Guy-Favreau YMCA
- Dominique Bilodeau, Director of the Hochelaga-Maisonneuve YMCA
11,000 THANKS to all the participants and to everyone who helped make this event a success!
See you next year!
Marie-France Hébert, Director
Du Parc YMCA