Originally proposed by a group of citizens, the Cartierville YMCA opened in 2010 as a result of an exemplary partnership between the YMCAs of Québec, the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport du Québec (MÉLS), the City of Montréal and the borough of Ahuntsic-Cartierville.
The Cartierville YMCA is much more than a fitness centre; it is an important gathering place and the heart of the neighbourhood’s social development. Since becoming a community hub for all residents, young and old alike, it is now the YMCA centre in Québec that welcomes the most families, with many young people participating in its free Friday Teen Night program.
The Cartierville YMCA also houses a daycare, a day camp and treats clients from the Centre de réadaptation cardio-respiratoire Jean-Jacques-Gauthier.
- 88,000 square feet spread over four floors, flooded with natural light;
- Conditioning room with cardio equipment, a strength training circuit and free weights;
- 25-metre swimming pool and recreational pool;
- Unisex whirlpool and sauna;
- Double multi-sport gymnasium;
- Suspended running track;
- Multi-purpose studios for group fitness classes;
- Spin bikes for studio cycling;
- Functional training centre;
- Wellness services;
- Outdoor recreational area;
- Locker rooms, including a family locker room and a Plus locker room with a steam bath;
- Free parking and bike racks.