Are you compassionate and enthusiastic? Do you love working with youth and being outdoors? If so, then Camp YMCA Kanawana may be perfect for you!
Camp YMCA Kanawana offers seasonal, part-time, and full-time career opportunities. While the majority of our employment opportunities occur during the summer as part of our Summer Camp, our Outdoor Centre also operates in the spring and fall. Camp YMCA Kanawana hires counsellors, animators, lifeguards, program staff, section directors, canoe trip guides, kitchen staff, health care workers, drivers, administrative staff, and more.
Camp YMCA Kanawana fosters a caring and fun environment built upon teamwork and community. If you are looking for a life-changing experience and the chance to positively impact youth from around the world, Camp YMCA Kanawana is the place for you!
Before you consider a position with us, please note that all our staff must:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
- Be certified in First Aid & CPR (courses may be offered in the spring for those not certified).
- Be able to speak English and some French for Summer Camp positions and be able to speak both English and French for the Outdoor Centre positions (exceptions are made for international staff).
- Have experience working with youth or have completed a Leadership / Counsellor-in-training program.
We will begin accepting new staff applications for the 2019 season in January 2019.
To apply for a position at Camp YMCA Kanawana, please submit your CV by email to:
If you are a returning staff member, please contact us by email for more information.
Please click here to visit the job section of the YMCA's website to view our available positions.
School groups & rentals contact info
Contact us at: