A privileged partner since 2001
The YMCA of Haiti has been a privileged partner of the YMCAs of Québec since 2001. The YMCA of Haiti addresses the long-standing challenges faced by most Haitians and in particular, youth: poverty, lack of education and marginalization. The YMCA of Haiti’s programs contribute directly to building a civil society and strengthening community involvement by providing a safe place for youth to meet and participate as volunteers.
The YMCAs of Québec support the following YMCA of Haiti programs:
- A school support program that provides homework help and tutoring for school children and assistance to youth who want to return to school.
- A library that helps children and youth learn and develop their reading skills.
- Educational programs that help people develop social kills and prevent sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS.
- A youth camp that offers drama, art, music, and English lessons as well as sports activities.
- Youth Leaders in Action, which is a structured leadership program for 18- to 25-year-old Haitian men and women from poor or marginalized communities. This program encourages youth to become active, involved citizens as well as positive role models, leaders and educators to other young people in their communities.
You can contribute to the work of the YMCA of Haiti, which provides academic support, educational books and fulfilling recreational and sports activities to hundreds of children.
To make a donation, please contact:
Visit the YMCA d'Haiti website.