The Repères program supports students from the Commission scolaire de la Pointe-de-l’Île (CSPI) who are having difficult adapting to school. Participants come to the YMCA during school hours to learn tools that better prepare them for their school environment.
- Become more motivated at school;
- Learn self-respect and self-control;
- Become better equipped to overcome their difficulties;
- Develop positive self-esteem;
- Learn strategies to improve their return to school.
- Continuity of education and academic support;
- One-on-one supervision;
- A variety of sports to help channel energy in a positive ways;
- Workshops that teach participants personal and social skills;
- Activities that allow participants to explore different options, including school programs and internships;
- Daily communication with parents.
Before they return to school, participants complete the program’s four stages in four to six weeks.