Looking for a flexible child care solution?
Depending on your child’s age group (18 months to 5 years old), we offer half-day programs for three to five days a week, Monday through Friday!
By choosing one of our nursery schools, you are providing your child with the stimulating experience of learning through play in a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment. All of our nursery schools offer a 10-month program for small children based on the YMCA’s own educational method, Playing to learn.
- a holistic approach that takes into account all aspects of the child’s development;
- activities that encourage group interactions, self-expression, sharing and responsibility;
- a wide variety of instructor-led and child-directed activities for each age group: story time, songs, physical activity, drama, arts and crafts, outings and more;
- special access to fitness and aquatic facilities and indoor and outdoor play areas;
- pool activities once a month for children aged 18 months to 2 years and weekly swimming lessons for children aged 3 to 5.
In addition to having low adult/child ratios, all of our nursery school staff members are CPR and First Aid certified. The program is evaluated each year to ensure it complies with the highest quality standards.
This program is offered at the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce YMCA, and the Westmount YMCA.*
*Services may vary from one centre to another.