The main objective of preschool day camps is to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for toddlers aged 2 to 5, allowing them to learn while playing.
We are very happy to confirm that preschool day camp will be open this summer from July 6 to August 21. However, due to special circumstances related to the pandemic, we will only be able to offer this camp at the Westmount YMCA.
If you are registered for the NDG YMCA preschool day camp, please note that a place has been reserved for you at the Westmount camp if you would like to transfer your registration. In order for us to follow the government’s health and safety guidelines, only the preschool day camp will take place at the Westmount YMCA.
As you know, the provincial government has authorized day camps to open under very strict conditions. Public health authorities have given us clear directives on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at camp, and these directives are grouped into four main principles:
- Keep a distance of 2 metres from others at all times and take sanitary precautions when this is not possible.
- Strictly operate outdoors, except in the event of rain or a heat wave; if we go inside, each small group must have their own designated room.
- Limit contact between participants, avoid sharing materials, and reduce group sizes.
- Carry out strict hygiene and screening measures several times a day.
After reopening our daycares, we are certain that we can offer a stimulating and rewarding environment while still following heightened safety rules. However, camp will be a little different from what you are used to:
- Swimming lessons are cancelled because this type of activity is not yet permitted;
- Camp will be held from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm and there will be no pre- and post-camp childcare;
- Camp will only be offered to children aged 3 and up, and only for full days.
For more information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to answer your questions. If you would like to learn more about the government guidelines on day camps, click here (in French only).