Westmount YMCA - December 16 2021
We’re currently looking for lifeguards for the Westmount and Notre-Dame-de-Grâce YMCAs. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com.
What challenges will you tackle?
- Monitor the pool during specific swim times for adults and children (laps, swim lessons, Aquafit classes, etc.);
- Ensure the safety of pool users (prevention and intervention, if needed);
- Perform chlorine tests and follow opening and closing procedures;
- Report any damage to equipment (lifejackets, toys, ropes, etc.);
- Participate in various events for employees, volunteers and members of the centre (employee meetings, holiday activities, fundraising, etc.);
- Adhere to YMCA Policies and Procedures on the Protection of Children and Vulnerable People;
- Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy within the position and the Association, and participate in fundraising activities/events.
The person we’re looking for must:
- Have a valid National Lifeguard certificate from the Lifesaving Society;
- Have a valid CPR/AED Level C certificate be ready to obtain one;
- Have a valid Red Cross Water Safety certificate or YMCA certification (an asset);
- Have general first aid certification (an asset);
- Know and support the YMCA’s mission and values;
- Be capable of working in both official languages;
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be punctual;
- Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
Why join the YMCAs of Québec?
The YMCA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, but working with us also gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop your expertise;
- Be around passionate experts;
- Make a positive social impact;
- Work with different engaged partners;
- Really make a difference in people’s lives;
- Have the freedom to take on exciting challenges.