Montréal, June 12, 2015 – Catherine Isabelle, Chair of the YMCAs of Québec’s Board of Directors, is pleased to announce the appointment of Lyse Brunet, Fannie Dagenais, Josée De La Durantaye and Josée Dubuc to its Board. The Board of Directors arrived at this unanimous decision during the YMCA’s Annual General Meeting on June 2, 2015. For the first time in its history, the YMCA’s Board of Directors has as many female directors as male directors.
“We are certain that reaching gender parity on the YMCA’s Board of Directors will bring together diverse views and experiences and, in turn, strengthen the governance of the organization,” said Catherine Isabelle, Chair of the Board of Directors.
The YMCA will benefit from the extensive experience of each director:
- Lyse Brunet has worked, during her 40-year career, at the heart of social development through community or philanthropic action as a manager, consultant and volunteer for multiple organizations.
- Fannie Dagenais has been the General Director and Spokesperson of ÉquiLibre for 11 years and is a valuable resource person on the subject of weight and body image.
- Josée De La Durantaye has more than 20 years of experience in financial accounting, management and governance consulting, which is a great advantage for her own clients at De La Durantaye Management Inc.
- Josée Dubuc has gained more than 20 years of experience in human resources. She is currently the Executive Vice President of Human Resources and Corporate Services at Ivanhoé Cambridge.
“By sharing their talents with our charitable organization, which offers activities and services in a variety of areas, including health and active living, the development of youth as well as inclusion and social cohesion, they are helping us provide a welcoming and inclusive environment in which all people have many opportunities to grow strong and thrive,” said Stéphane Vaillancourt, President and Chief Executive Officer of the YMCAs of Québec.
The four new directors will join forces with the other highly qualified board members:
- Jasmyn Beauséjour, Associate, Boston Consulting Group, Montréal
- Normand Chiasson, Communications, Marketing and Media Professional
- Catherine Isabelle, Senior Legal Counsel, Desjardins Group
- Larry Karass, President, Stratik International
- François Lagarde, Vice President of Communications, Lucie and André Chagnon Foundation
- Geneviève LeBrun, Senior Marketing Director, Air Transat
- Julie Mac Allister, Consultant in Human Resource Management
- Luc Ménard, Senior Vice President, Private Equity, Desjardins Venture Capital
- Waguih Rabbat, Consultant
- Luc Sirois, Co-Founder, Hacking Health
- Pierre Tremblay, Vice President, Finance, Business Aircraft, Bombardier Aerospace
- Isabelle Trempe, Vice President, Business Development, Paladin Labs
About the YMCAs of Québec
The YMCAs of Québec is a charitable organization that builds stronger communities by providing opportunities for everyone to lead fulfilling, active, healthy and engaged lives. Its 10 YMCA centres, International Language School, Ski School, Residence, Camp YMCA Kanawana and its 43 service sites across the province are visited each year by more than 120,000 people. The first YMCA in North America was founded in Montréal in November 1851. The YMCAs of Québec is part of the Canadian network of 50 YMCA associations. For more information, visit ymcaquebec.org or our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Nathalie Viora, The YMCAs of Québec, Communications Manager
514 849-5331, ext. 1215 / 514 523-2006 / email@example.com
Nathalie Viora, The YMCAs of Québec
T. 514 849-5331, poste 1215 / C. 514 523-2006