Gregory Charles to Receive a YMCAs of Québec Peace Medal
The YMCAs of Québec - September 21 2016
On September 21, the YMCAs of Québec reveal its 2016 Peace Medal finalists at an event celebrating the International Day of Peace. Gregory Charles will also receive an honorary YMCA Peace Medal. Through his professional and community work, Gregory Charles shares his love of music, education and young people.
We invite you to come and meet our laureates:
- Joé Juneau, a well-known hockey player who established a Nunavik youth development program
- Jessica Bleuer, a drama therapist
- Diane Sasson, an activist against domestic violence
- the Réfléchis quand tu publies organization
- the Je veux jouer Foundation
- the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal for launching an initiative to integrate Syrian refugees into the workforce.
Hosted by Alexandre Courteau, the award ceremony will take place during the YMCA Peace Medal gala dinner, the most important peace event in Québec for the benefit of children, young people and families at the YMCA.
Following the footsteps of past laureates, such asSimple Plan, Senator Roméo Dallaire and Michèle Thibodeau-Deguire, the YMCA Peace Medal finalists remind us that there are exceptional people who are committed to peace in Québec.
For more information, please read our press release.