Bell Let's Talk Day : time to open up the discussion about mental health
The YMCAs of Québec - January 25 2017
The YMCA is proud to support Bell Let’s Talk Day on January 25, 2017 to keep the conversation going around mental health.
The Y has always had a global approach to health; we believe that it’s important feel good in mind, body and heart to lead a healthy and balanced life. This is why we are so moved by this awareness day.
For Bell Let’s Talk Day, Bell will contribute 5¢ more towards mental health initiatives for every:
- Text message made by Bell and Bell Aliant customers
- Long distance and mobile call by Bell and Bell Aliant customers
- Tweet and Instagram post using #BellLetsTalk
- View of the official Bell Let’s Talk video on Facebook
- Use of the Bell Let’s Talk Snapchat geofilter
Bell gives us 5 ways to end stigma around mental health:
- Language matters – The words you use can make all the difference.
- Educate yourself – Knowing the facts and myths around mental illness can be a great way to help end the stigma.
- Be kind – Simple kindness can make a world of difference.
- Listen and ask – Being a good listener and asking how you can help, or simply just being there for people you care about, can be the first step to recovery.
- Talk about it – Explain how mental illness touches us all in some way, directly or through a friend, family member or colleague.
So today, January 25, let’s talk about mental health and end the stigma!