Reporting to the Community tutoring Coordinator, the successful candidate will help one or more youth aged 12 to 17 with their schoolwork to foster their overall and academic success.
- Help students complete their schoolwork.
- Help youth improve their abilities in various school subjects.
- Build strong relationships with youth by being a good role model.
- Adhere to the YMCA’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures.
- Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy in his post and in the Association and participate in activities / fundraising events.
- Understand emergency protocols and procedures for preparing evacuation and accident reports.
- Must be interested in working with high school students and have the ability to build trusting relationships with them.
- Fluent in French and/or English (fluency in both an important asset).
- Familiarity with grade 7, 8, 9 and 10 core subjects (Secondary I, II, III and IV).
- Must be empathic, patient, and personable.
- Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
Children and youth focused: Ability to support the development and growth of children and youth.
Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, detailed, and timely manner, and to promote information sharing in order to achieve the goals of the YMCA.
Initiative: Ability to do the right things at the right time without having to be instructed.
Self-management: Ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision.
Regard for healthy and safety: Ability to understand and identify ways to help reduce risks and injuries, and to raise awareness on this matter.
- Have a positive impact on the local community.
- Share passion for fitness and wellness with other YMCA members.
- Learn and develop through various workshops.
- Develop communication and leadership skills.
- Meet and network with people from all walks of life.
Location: YMCA Notre-Dame-de-Grace
Schedule: minimum 1 hour a week
Employment start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: ongoing