Reporting to the Coordinator, Health and Fitness, the Gymnasium Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the activity (Basketball 12 years+, Basketball 18 years+, Badminton, or Family Open Gym) runs smoothly and efficiently. The Supervisor will supervise the activity for the prescribed time to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants while creating positive interactions with YMCA members and promoting the YMCA program values of respect and cooperation.
- Ensures the safety and security of participants at all times by enforcing rules and regulations.
- Respects the scheduled activity’s start and end times.
- Prepares, sets up, and returns equipment after use, keeping the facility clean and organized and tidying up equipment and other material.
- Takes attendance to ensure reservation sheet is accurate and participation limits are respected.
- Understands emergency protocols, reporting of accidents, and evacuation procedures.
- Treats complaints and problems with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Upholds an open communication with the Coordinator for optimal program delivery.
- Notifies the Coordinator immediately of any damaged or broken equipment, or equipment that may present a danger to participants.
- Reports all accidents or injuries to the Coordinator, and fills in appropriate written reports as needed.
- Adheres to the YMCA’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures.
- Encourages teamwork and good sportsmanship amongst the participants, as well as courteous and positive interactions with YMCA members.
- Understands and integrates the value of philanthropy in their post and in the Association and participates in activities/fundraising events.
- CPR – level A/AED
- Have no criminal record in connection with employment.
Professional collaboration and teamwork: Work and collaborate with different types of people and draw on each of their strengths to achieve the expected results.
Organizational and interpersonal communication: Listen actively, encourage the expression of ideas, foster constructive dialogue, and write and speak with clarity, transparency, accuracy, consistency, and respect for others.
Innovation and continuous improvement: Continuously search for innovative approaches and ways of improving, standing out, and meeting or exceeding expected results.
Work management: Manage time and resources effectively to carry out work efficiently and to achieve expected results.
Integrity: Demonstrate responsible behaviour at all times and maintain high ethical standards.
- Have a positive impact on the local community.
- Learn and develop supervisory skills.
- Inspire others to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
- Develop communication skills.
- Meet people from diverse backgrounds and develop your network.
Location: Westmount YMCA
Employment start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: Ongoing recruitment
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team and developing your skills while taking on the challenge of working in an organization that helps strengthen the foundation of the community, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Contact person: Lori Nudo