Your first visit
On your first visit to the Y, plan a few extra minutes to finalize the details your membership or ask us questions!
- If you plan on signing up for a membership or buying a day pass (temporarily not offered), make sure to bring your photo ID. We’ll make your membership card and, if it’s a family membership, cards for your family. Any person aged 13 or older will need to show a photo ID to access the facilities.
- If you would like to work out on your first visit, make sure that you have reserved a timeslot and remember to bring a lock and a towel. You can go to the front desk at any time to rent a personal locker.
- We recommend that you read the Member Guide before your first visit.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions or request a tour of the facilities; our team will be happy to help you discover the Y!
What’s included in your membership
Each time you come to the Y, you need to bring your membership card (or your photo ID if you are using a day pass or a guest pass, or taking an à la carte class). During the winter, you may also want to bring a pair of clean, indoor shoes.
- If you lose your membership card, please go to the front desk with your photo ID. We’ll prepare a new card for you for a maximum fee of $12 plus tax.
- We ask that members set aside enough time to change in the locker room before the centre closes.
Depending on your type of membership, you’ll either have local access to a single centre or network access to all YMCAs of Québec centres. If you’re not sure what kind of access your membership entitles you to, please ask the team at the front desk.
Your membership includes:
- Unlimited access to group classes
- One or two free sessions with a certified instructor (depending on your center) to create a beginner workout plan.
- Ten guest passes* (temporarily on hold)
- Preferential rates for some à la carte activities.
- A free mandatory fitness clinic for teenage members who want to use the conditioning room and learn how to work out safely.
*Included in most fitness packages.
We also have agreements with several Canadian YMCA associations to allow you to use their facilities at no extra cost. Simply contact the centre a few days before your trip to find out more about the conditions.
Starting off on the right foot
Whether you want to make life easier or enhance your workout experience, you can add several optional services to your membership:
- Private training: Our trainers are all certified, and each have their own specialties: weight loss, athletic training, back pain, training for seniors, and more. See the conditioning room manager to find a trainer who can help you achieve your goals.
- Fitness assessment: Start with a strong foundation by getting a complete fitness evaluation from a certified professional.
- Towel service: Available by the unit or as a monthly service (temporiraly on hold).
- Locker rental: Do you want your own private locker for your equipment? Learn more about locker rental options at the front desk.
- Plus Locker Room: Would you like a few extra perks, like a steam room (temporarily on hold), private locker, towels (temporarily on hold), personal care products and a relaxation area? Some centres offer adult-only Plus Locker Rooms. Ask the front desk for more information.Please note that the steam room and towel service are temporarily unavailable.
Our team is always there to answer your questions, keep you motivated, and help you achieve your goals. Don’t hesitate to talk to the conditioning room staff and instructors, and check out our Blog for pro tips and exciting events!