Founded in 1956, the West Island YMCA in Pointe-Claire is one of Montréal’s largest fitness centres.
The centre works with several social organizations in the community to provide programs that are adapted to local realities. In fact, the centre offers parents a variety of services, including a nursery school, drop-in daycare, Youth Zone and summer day camp that also welcomes children with special needs.
The West Island YMCA is a key provider of community programs, particularly prevention programs for at-risk youth, young offenders and kids who are having trouble at school.
- Conditioning room with cardio equipment, a strength training circuit and free weights;
- 20-metre swimming pool with a slide and an outdoor terrace;
- Double multi-sport gymnasium;
- 150-metre indoor running track;
- Multi-purpose studios for group fitness classes;
- Spin bikes for studio cycling;
- Squash courts;
- Locker rooms, including a family locker room and a Plus locker room with a steam bath and whirlpool;
- Drop-in daycare;
- Free parking.